Wilderness Residence Architectural Features and Details:
- Pristine, Private and Secure Alpine Wilderness Location at roads end.
- Master Planned Project set within a beautifully designed high-altitude alpine garden that offers a peaceful stream side ambiance overlooking the Kachina Village Wetland Park.
- Easy Ski-in / Ski-out Access to the base terminal of Taos Ski Valley’s mid-mountain Lift 4.
- Direct Wilderness Trailhead Access to surrounding Carson National Forest Wheeler Peak Wilderness.
- Timeless Sculptural Architecture that blends Euro-Alpine design motifs with world-renowned New Mexico traditions, playfully infused with hints of postmodern influences and beautifully integrated into an intimate fully master planned community.
- Entry Level Vestibule Entrance includes ski storage and a place to take off gear.
- Gracious Master and Guest Suites include large closets, space for a king size bed, sitting areas, outside patios and other special features.
- Luxury Master Baths include features like large vanities, a separate shower, jaccuzi tub and steam sauna.
- Open Living and Dining Area offers hand crafted euro-alpine style built-ins, double bed size window seat with comfortable pillows, powder bath, private patio area and for some residences an optional native rock fireplace.
- Country Style Gourmet Kitchen offers rustic hand made cabinets, stone countertops, state of the art energy efficient appliances.
- Passive Solar Greenhouses are available in most units that can be used for a breakfast nook, or indoor herb garden, indoor spa or indoor patio living space.
- Utility/ Laundry Closets with full size high-efficiency washer/dryers, wilderness cabin emergency /maintenance kit, storage and easy-to-use computer controlled hydronic space and water heating system.
- Discrete Lockable Owner Storage is thoughtfully located where it is most needed in several locations for each residence.
Wilderness Residence Sustainability Features:
- Thoughtful Site Planning with sensitive site terracing that minimizes grading and fully embraces the potential of the KML site’s abundant sunny exposure.
- High Performance Passive Solar Design that incorporates thermal mass banks passively heated by expansive south facing windows and attached greenhouses that also provide breathtaking majestic mountain views.
- Advanced Hydronic System for domestic hot water and space heating, primarily sourced from renewable active solar and groundwater geothermal sources.
- State-of-the-art “SolarLogic” integrated hydronic heating system controller with on board computer that optimizes heating system efficiency and comfort. With SolarLogic’s easy-to-use controller, the heating system can be commissioned, optimized for performance, operated and diagnosed for trouble shooting from any computer connected to a local LAN or from any remote location with an internet connection.
- Hand-hewn Heavy Timbers and Wood Products sustainably harvested from local dead standing timber sources.
- Environmentally Conscious “Green” Building Technologies and Construction Methods appropriate for our unique wilderness location.
- Locally Sourced Stone Masonry.
- Renewable Solar Electric Solutions for lighting and limited back up power in some residences. Future phase master plan includes provision for providing all electricity for the whole KML project with a proposed onsite renewable energy farm.